Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Print and Play Concept Ideas



This is a crazy list of my inspiration foe a print an play, I added some graphics to help you follow my thought process:

1.Title: Your Path
2.you have to create your own custom path to win: 


3. The paths are made of squares connected at least by one side:


4. It is a race game to make it more simple.
5. The game board will be a rectangle


6. Each player gets their own game board, this way it is more personal, but you are still supposed to play this game with other people. 

7. Color Scheme: Ok, don't laugh at me, but I really like the colors on the label of my body wash ..so  Im planning on using a simular color scheme.


8. There is no time limit
9. I want to use dice to determine the number of spaces you can move on your path "tiles"
10.I want to take this chance to create orient-inspired icons. Here I have some inspirational photos I just pulled off the web while I was trying to think of my theme.





11. Do not want cards as a part of the game, but to display the rules with simple graphics:


12. You can rotate the pieces any way you want to fit the board, you just cannot flip them.


13.The obstacles on the board would look like this:


14. maybe we should build the paths using just the squares? The path would look boring  so the path pieces you lay down need to have some character.


15. Here's an idea for the shapes for the "path pieces":

16. All on the Path Pieces: Move tiles, "go again" tiles, move back tiles, mines, freeze (loose a turn) tiles, maybe tool tiles to help you dig under, or break obstacles???????! 


17. Should there be obstacles on the board already built in? I could create cards with different obstacle placement, and different levels of difficulty. 

17. Obstacle shapes

18. Types of obstacles: portals, rocks, walls, water:


19. How can you select a path piece at random? maybe a bag?
20. Would I be able to connect the boards into one big one? not really then the symbolism of it being your path is taken away, everyone is heading toward the same point.




No comments:

Post a Comment