Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Play Test!




So far this is a good example of my game in the middle of play:


As you can see you have a variety of shapes you can make a path with, several items you have to connect your path too (the pink squares) and obstacles that prevent you from making an easy path to your end goal (a spot next to the big star). I have learned that this game is more enjoyable for people who like strategy. There are more items to think about that I thought because I personally like puzzles and strategy games. For those who don't...this game is not that fun. Honestly I don't think I'm going to change the difficulty because I do want to challenge people to think. 

Durring my "exit interviews" I have noticed that people would like to interact with the other player more. In the beginning you set up each other's obstacles (the brown rectangles and the grey hexagons), and even though it takes a while I have noticed that the players have enjoyed that the most. So far I know I will definitely I will be adding more obstacles. 

This is a form I had several people fill out after playing the game:

1. On a scale of 1-5 how fun was the game?
2. Which mechanic was your favorite? Which mechanic did you not enjoy?
3. Do you like the concept of being able to set up your opponent’s obstacles? If not, please explain.
4. Would you like more opportunities to interact with your opponent?
5. Did the game continuously keep your attention? When did you get bored?

#1 was obviously different from those who like thinking games, and those who just want to play a simple fun game. #2 was all about the obstacles, so I will continue to pay attention to the different options the players have with those. #3 was consistently a yes, even it it took a while. #4 was a yes as well, so I can tie that into more interaction with the obstacles durring game play, not just durring set up. #5 was a yes.



No comments:

Post a Comment