Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Destroying Things!


For Programming we are destroying things using Phys X lab. This is a simple plank of wood I made for a larger construct that will eventually be an old-fashioned wooden traffic barricade.

This is my specs for the first depth:


And this is the second depth:



  I set the four corner pieces as supports so you can shoot through it without everything falling down.
There are only two depths, the first time I tried loading it into UDK the FPS lagged because I had 3 depths, and splits in every axis within those depths. Due to that I paid more attention to the amount of noise I have within each split. Honestly the first depth is good enough, so if I need a lot of wooden planks to break at the same time I can a have two versions of the plank depending on the amount of particles I will have at different points in the game. That is yet to be determined.


No comments:

Post a Comment